[sparkscoffee] Re: book link

  • From: Dewey Ross Duffel <duffel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:07:38 -0700

John

About a year ago, a friend used Amazon to publish a book and his experience was similar. The publishing part was at least equal to (or greater than) the effort of writing the book. Think he chose to forgo the book signings but has had very few sales.

Dewey

On 12/16/2013 09:52 AM, schalestock@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Ron,

Love to hear your take on it.
Not sure about Kindle/epub.  My publisher's marketing operation is pretty
extensive. The release date for Barns and Noble, Amazon, etc, is March 11.
They are also supposed to be setting up a website, etc.

I must say, writing the book, as hard as it was, now seems a piece of cake
compared to the dog and pony show you have to go through to get it published
and marketed.   I have to do book signings, etc (which I am NOT looking forward
to.)  My main goal, and the reason it was written in a novella format rather
than a full blown novel, is to sell it to Hollywood for a movie.  I'[m not a
screen writer but from what I know,  it should be a piece of cake for a pro to
extrapolate a movie from the book. Anyway, will keep you posted. And thanks
again for taking a look at it.

JS