[sparkscoffee] Re: The United States: Police State Today, Martial Law Tomorrow; Part II

  • From: "D.J.J. Ring, Jr." <n1ea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:57:06 -0400

RR,

That's not true, there are not multiple versions of the truth, and
certainly truth isn't defined as what works best for them.

You might have a lot of truthful observations, and truthful statements and
from those make an attempt at weaving together the truth, but most often
some of the truth is unknown, sometimes it becomes known known later.
Sometimes with somethings it is right in front of our eyes but we don't
discern it yet, like before Isaac Newton, we didn't get some of the rules
of physics like gravity and acceleration.

Like the old story of the elephant and the blind men, each seeing only a
part, they describe the elephant according to what they see, but by taking
a different viewpoint - impossible for blind men to see it all - you arrive
at a description that is more of the truth.

If later the elephant drops dead of disease, you can add "sickly elephant"
and you have even more of the truth.  If you discover that the elephant was
related to Jumbo the famous elephant, you can add that to the truth and you
have more of the truth.  There can be multiple truthful descriptions which
are all truthful but there is only one truth and it is foolish for most to
claim that you know it fully.

As they say, God alone knows the truth.

In any event getting to the truth is not easy if you want all of the truth.

73

DR