[sparkscoffee] Re: The Geopolitics of World War III

  • From: Kelly <kellyutah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:19:22 +0000

I haven't watched the video yet, but if I find time I will.

I've come to realize that Ukraine and Syria are one and the same conflict.  We
are fighting Russia on two fronts.  It's more overt in Ukraine, but the
geopolitical decision making surrounding our position on Syria is directed at
the same goal.  In both cases, we are trying to weaken Russia's influence and
ability to trade with their neighbors to the West, especially natural gas and
other petroleum products.

There is only one reason we would keep trying to weaken and overthrow the only
remaining stable government in the region.  Assad has never been a puppet of
the West.  If anything, he's a puppet of Russia and has always had closer ties
to the East than to the West.

The whole of ISIS is a U.S. made force that has gotten out of hand.  Anyone who
has followed the news over the last couple of years knows that the U.S. and
it's allies has been supplying the rebels in Syria with weapons to overthrow
Assad.  The U.S. is so intent on overthrowing a popular leader (Assad) that
they are arming terrorists to do it.  But once these extreme Muslim terrorists
got these arms it occurred to them that they could realize bigger dreams that
simply overthrowing Assad.  That's when they streamed across the Picot Sykes
line and declared their Islamic Caliphate.

The U.S. has found their own ass in a ringer by their own making.  Sane people
don't arm terrorists for any reason.  But the Neocon decision makers in the
West are not sane.  They still think they're the smartest guys in the room
although everything they touch turns to shit  They believe they're capable of
playing 3 level chess, when in actuality they have about as much sense as a
mentally deficient duck.

Their decisions and their ability to meddle in world affairs has caused untold
death and destruction and chaos.  And President Obama is doubling down on that.
 Wednesday night he announced that he would be getting even more weapons and
materiel into the hands of the Syrian 'rebels'.

Good luck with that Mr. President.  Ultimately we'll all pay for such
intransigent short sighted stupidity.

Kelly A.

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:33:06 -0600
From: ristad@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sparkscoffee] The Geopolitics of World War III

Short 22 minute video that summarizes the current geopolitical situation, how
we got there, and what it is leading to.

What I fear the most is that, unlike when I was growing up and people were
(justifiably) terrified of a nuclear war, today people have become accustomed
to it even though the destructive capability is a thousand times worse.
Governments speak of pre-emptive nuclear strikes and limited nuclear wars.

Human nature has not changed.  All wars start out as border disputes or trade
sanctions until suddenly they take on a life of their own. Once the genie is
let out of the bottle there's no way to control it. All it takes is one person
with their finger on the trigger who is stupid and/or has no regard for human
life, and there are plenty of those. It's almost like betting on a sure thing.
I'm just hoping to survive it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC3tINgWfQE