[sotd] DiracDelta Science & Engineering Encyclopedia [November 4, 2015]

  • From: "Site of the Day" <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 06:32:51 -0800

Site of the Day for Wednesday, November 4, 2015

DiracDelta Science &amp; Engineering Encyclopedia

Today's site from a UK tech firm offers an exceptional resource in a variety of
science and technology fields. Gentle Subscribers will discover this to be a
first-rate reference for a broad range of topics.

"The encyclopedia was created so that we could store and share information that
we need ... in engineering, physics and software engineering ... . After a
number of years of using the database ... we decided that we should see if it
was of use to others. This encyclopedia has been built based on what we need
and so there are a number of topics ... not covered in enough depth, ...
however, our local working version gets updated every day ... and we plan to
upload this to the website once a month."- from the website

Conveniently arranged in alphabetical order and accessible through a search
facility as well as by browsing, this excellent reference covers a staggering
array of subjects. Beginning with the math opener on Logarithms with the gems
of Catalans constant and Avogadro's Number to the subject sections covering
areas such as Architectural Acoustics and the Zhubov Scale, the encyclopedia
provides a wealth of information. Additional features include an On This Day in
history note, a section on Famous Scientists and Engineers, and a quote of the
day.

March to the site for an outstanding resource on the science and engineering
side at:

http://www.diracdelta.co.uk

A.M. Holm
Comments? Suggestions? amholm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd and
//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd