[sopvid] safaricom initiative : SOPVID: faking it?

  • From: Paul Mugambi <shamgpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sopvid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:42:27 +0300

Dear all
Safaricom has a good initiative on there website a story aboyut susan.

the only trajedy involved
is that most guys who are commenting are on the charity model
they think this now the time we shoul go to school
others express being sad.
Others praying for us.
others thinking we are heroes.
I think as professionals with visual impairment we should contribute
to the debate and also let Safaricom give proper feedback to its
clintale.
I have taken almost  one hour  to reply to facebook comments
especially to those who were expressing being visually impaired is a
sad affair.
I have expressed that we are just the same us our counterparts the
issue is changing our perceptions and granted opportunity.

--
"I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say,
'Because of you I didn't give up.'"

Sharing life time experience.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/ktn/index.php/video/watch/20000
Watch my latest work on road safety for the blind and persons with disabilities.

http://t.co/3kFHc7fUam
 and an inspiration song ""never to give up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_dS2qHrbhI&feature=youtu.be&a

Mugambi M. Paul
Disability Rights Practitioner,
Awarded "Champion of disability advocacy in the emergency response
August 2013 by CBM International

www.abilitysounds.blogspot.com

Guest Anchor 15th November 2013 ktnkenya
http://youtu.be/BjznG3JKASM

http://t.co/3kFHc7fUam

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow."
Hellen Keller

Founder of VIP Family.

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/fb_share/3626200

"The day you forget that you rock is the day the world rolls all over you."

Skype: shamgpaul1

Twitter  @paulmugambe

E mail shamgpaul@xxxxxxxxx
Mob no. +254 722 231815