[sopvid] Re: Daisy Readers for IPhones and Android Operated devices

  • From: Johnson riungu <riungu.johnson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sopvid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 15:52:30 +0300

On 4/4/14, J. Gichuhi <jgichuhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Wilson,
> I found the following articles helpful when searching for readers that
> support Daisy in both the Android and IPhone platforms. Accessibility in
> both these environments appears certain given these apps, and I believe both
> are free. Please try them out and send me word on  how you find them.
> Here goes...
> 1. Read2Go:
> Read2Go developed by Benetech is an accessible DAISY player for iPhone, iPod
> touch, and iPad. From within Read2Go, you can browse, search, download, and
> read books directly from Bookshare using your Bookshare membership, as well
> as read DAISY books from other sources.
> 2. Darwin Reader for Android:
> Darwin Reader for Android supports all flavors of DAISY digital talking
> books, including DAISY 2 and DAISY 3 text and audio formats. Books can be
> easily transferred from the computer to the phone. This app integrates with
> Bookshare.
> 3. Go Read:
> Go Read is a FREE accessible e-book reader for people with print
> disabilities. Go Read works on a variety of Android tablets and phones
> (Android 2.2 Froyo or above). Features include searching and direct download
> of books from Bookshare and reading with voiced navigation and
> text-to-speech. It supports books in DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats.
>
> I believe these apps will be easy to download and instal, however should you
> encounter difficulty, please let me know.
>
> Thanks and best regards
>
> Jimmy Gichuhi.

wow jimmy,

very useful info there. guess i had the same questions as well. i will
try to check them out as well.

many thanks.
--
Johnson M. Riungu
""attitude determines your altitude"
REHAB SOLUTIONS LTD
APT 35, 5th floor, Twiga heights,
Sadi road, off Kapiti road.
P. O BOX: 38481-00100
Nairobi Kenya.
mob: +254(0)720440669
Skype: riungu.johnson
alt email: johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
** To leave the list, click on the following link:-
** [mailto:
sopvid-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
?subject=unsubscribe]
** sopvid-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx