[sopvid] Daisy Readers for IPhones and Android Operated devices

  • From: "J. Gichuhi" <jgichuhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wilson.kipaloi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 15:05:52 +0300

Hello Wilson,
I found the following articles helpful when searching for readers that support
Daisy in both the Android and IPhone platforms. Accessibility in both these
environments appears certain given these apps, and I believe both are free.
Please try them out and send me word on  how you find them.
Here goes...
1. Read2Go:
Read2Go developed by Benetech is an accessible DAISY player for iPhone, iPod
touch, and iPad. From within Read2Go, you can browse, search, download, and
read books directly from Bookshare using your Bookshare membership, as well as
read DAISY books from other sources.
2. Darwin Reader for Android:
Darwin Reader for Android supports all flavors of DAISY digital talking books,
including DAISY 2 and DAISY 3 text and audio formats. Books can be easily
transferred from the computer to the phone. This app integrates with Bookshare.
3. Go Read:
Go Read is a FREE accessible e-book reader for people with print disabilities.
Go Read works on a variety of Android tablets and phones (Android 2.2 Froyo or
above). Features include searching and direct download of books from Bookshare
and reading with voiced navigation and text-to-speech. It supports books in
DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats.

I believe these apps will be easy to download and instal, however should you
encounter difficulty, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards

Jimmy Gichuhi.