[sonarblindbeta] Re: Sonar blind current progress

  • From: Chris Belle <chrisbelle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 19:44:06 -0500

Hey, I hear tracklist when I press control shift f 12
but I still see the same grid, and I can move some sliders with the control arrow keys but it's not stable, I get kicked out and thrown in to context menus and weird stuff happens.

I realize sometimes having an over lay allows one to move around quickly and
so there are reasons to put useability over being out of scope, you should hear the interesting conversations snowman and Jamie get in to on the reaper list.

Jamie is the purist, let's keep the program in scope and don't bloat the code while snowy is more relaxed and says what ever gets the job done.

They are both brilliant, and they are both right and they are both wrong.

I am all for useability, anything to make things easier for us, unless the code starts making the whole thing inefficient.

The way Jsonar works strikes a prettygood balance,
the way i look at it Jsonar doesn't go quite far enough while ct goes way too far.

But ct does a very good job of navigating the fields and such quickly when you don't have to press f6 every 30 seconds to refresh the screen 'grin'.

Bu the positional information definitely has to be the first thing spoken.

On 5/3/2015 5:30 PM, John Martyn DoItBlind wrote:

OK, the menus are fixed again. Control surface is in full effect and the scripts are more responsive since I took out a lot of clutter. Looking for the transport commands first. This next release is going to be a big one.

John