[sonarblindbeta] Re: Sonar blind control surface issue

  • From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 12:47:55 -0500

John,

I forwarded this e-mail to Gordon with the request that he give it a look and
e-mail you back with any directional suggestions.

Gord and I spoke this morning and he said that he and victor were the most
likely resources, along with tim burgess. but neither He, (Gord), nor Victor
had had much chance to look at this new control surface. gord did say that he
felt the documentation was good enough to make sense to you. anyway,
hopefully, Gord will write you back.

Bdest,
Kevin

On May 4, 2015, at 11:32 AM, John Martyn DoItBlind <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, got the DLLs for x64 and x86. Everything is correct in the registry when
registering either DLL. Power shell sees it, jaws sees it. The object creates
successfully in jaws script. This is true for both versions of the DLL. The
jaws script knows that the object was created successfully. But there is an
issue. The calls to the DLL are not communicating with Sonar platinum in 32
bit or 64 bit installations. I make sure to unregister the DLLs properly and
it does nothing when I issue commands to the DLL. I have the control surface
loaded in sonar as well. I am so lost as to why it is not working. I must be
missing something.
Any help or outreach is greatly appreciated. I even looked at JSonar to see
how commands were issued and no luck. I get nothing from the DLL. I have
triple checked the registry settings and everything is good. Power shell
reports the object just fine. Perhaps I should issue a command in powershell.
Please, everyone reach out to other developers in this issue because as soon
as I get the program communicating to the dll we are in good standing.
Thanks,
John