[sola] Re: PD opp - OLA Spring Refresher Workshop

  • From: Annie Tyner <annietyner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 18:23:07 +0000

Okay. Steve will not grant me the PD money since I will not  be here next year
:) So let me know if you need any help- but otherwise I will not be attending.

Besos- barely hangin, in but almost there!!!! Living in the van-  making life a
bit more difficult, but having fun!
AT

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:29:14 -0700
From: rogersdr25@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sola] PD opp - OLA Spring Refresher Workshop
To: sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Southern Oregon OLAers!!
I would like to invite you to the OLA Spring Refresher Workshop! Don't miss out
on this opportunity to learn more about the methodology that is sweeping the
nation. OLA has grown in to a thriving international community and I wanted to
provide some unique opportunities here locally.
The OLA Refresher Workshop will be held on May 15, from 8:30am-2:30pm. More
details and registration information is included in the attached flyer and
registration form.
Some of the highlights include:
ACTFL
Levels and how to recognize those levels in student workHow
ACTFL levels affect your planning & class activitiesEffective
student feedbackHow
to make the student the Curriculum: pulling ideas from students & eventsHow
to ask appropriate level questions and recycle topicsQuestioning,
Sequencing, and ThreadsConsultancy
protocol (dealing with common challenges in our OLA classrooms) Effective
Department Meetings Effective Support Systems - locally & nationally Fun!!!!

This is an awesome way to end your year and connect with other incredible
language teachers!

Check us out and like us on
 Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Organic-Language-Acquisition/292853297393181?ref=ts&fref=tsWebsite:
 olaed.com
Hope to see you there!! -Darcy Rogers
Organic Language Acquisition (OLA)541.601.4509