[sola] PD opp - OLA Spring Refresher Workshop

  • From: Darcy Rogers <rogersdr25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:29:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Southern Oregon OLAers!!

I would like to invite you to the OLA Spring Refresher Workshop! Don't miss out
on this opportunity to learn more about the methodology that is sweeping the
nation. OLA has grown in to a thriving international community and I wanted to
provide some unique opportunities here locally.

The OLA Refresher Workshop will be held on May 15, from 8:30am-2:30pm. More
details and registration information is included in the attached flyer and
registration form.

Some of the highlights include:

ACTFL
Levels and how to recognize those levels in student work
How
ACTFL levels affect your planning & class activities
Effective
student feedback
How
to make the student the Curriculum: pulling ideas from students & events
How
to ask appropriate level questions and recycle topics
Questioning,
Sequencing, and Threads
Consultancy
protocol (dealing with common challenges in our OLA classrooms)
 Effective
Department Meetings
Effective Support Systems - locally & nationally
Fun!!!!

This is an awesome way to end your year and connect with other incredible
language teachers!

Check us out and like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Organic-Language-Acquisition/292853297393181?ref=ts&fref=ts
Website: olaed.com