[soapcraft] Mary's Soap

  • From: "Liz Brook" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Soapcraft" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:09:32 +1300

Mary's Creation - Patcouli & Orange

Initial Visual Impression
My first impression was goodness that is bright - but fun. I liked the black
bits in the soap sort of different shapes and broke the brilliant violet
colour. Not a fan of the rose buds.

Packaging
Sufficient, simple

Soap - Non shower experience
After the soap arrived I took it out of the plastic and it was sticky and the
colour stained my fingers. The soap felt soft. After a day the soap dried out
nicely and I found it to have a likeable sort of waxy, smooth texture and I
liked the shape. I also liked the scent.

Soap - in the shower
I was a little hesitant! But was pleasantly surprised to get good lather on the
shower poofy thingy, nice small creamy bubbles. Without the poofy thingy, the
bubbles were a lot less. Strangely, I could not smell any scent at all in the
shower - and yet when I put the soap to my nose, it was definitely there. I
expected the colour to bleed a lot, but it did not. Just a little. A nice hard
bar and easy to hold.

Summary

Perhaps a little less colour and more scent. Also may need a higher percentage
of conditioning oils to enhance the lather. It is a fun bar.

www.lizziebee.co.nz