[slackintosh-users] Re: compiler error

  • From: Volker <volker-list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:56:39 +0700

Hi Marco,

> > But I think you can savely enable all in the "USB Serial
> > Converter support"
> > section. Just copy this from Slackware-current.
> >
> > How do you think about this?
> Hi Volker,
> can you take a look at the just released kernel-generic in current?

thanks Marco, the one in current (2.6.17.13) works fine for me.

> I've tried to build a kernel with lots of modules as the slackware one
> but it didn't boot :-)

I also had similar problems. Not everything works.... I will try to enable more
modules with every kernel I build.

> For now I've only added the networking devices and the usb serial
> converter support.

A good start. Maybe after a while you/we can add some more.
The config I successfully used is here:

  http://tintuc.no-ip.com/files/config-generic-2.6.17.11

There are still a lot differences, because I tried to follow the Slackware
config more than you. But don't get me wrong, no problem :-)

> Obviously modules will be added into newer kernels per users and
> developers needs/requests.

OK, I'm already quite happy with the latest version you built. Thanks again.

Ciao
  Volker