[slackintosh-users] Re: Using loop devices

  • From: Mark Glassberg <vzeeaxwl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:11:08 -0400

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 03:31:30PM +0200, Marco Bonetti wrote:
> [T]he main problem in "loop booting" powerpc linux off a file is that
> yaboot needs a special 512K boot partion.

I was thinking of booting off a flash drive, not a file; but open firmware
won't read the drive.  Since Mac OS reads it, could I transfer yaboot,
yaboot.conf, initrd and vmlinux to the root directory of the hard drive and
have open firmware boot from the hard drive, using initrd to boot the loop
files?  Just curious.

Ciao for now,
Mark