[slackintosh-users] Re: Using loop devices

  • From: Mark Glassberg <vzeeaxwl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:02:08 -0400

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 12:26:29AM +0200, Marco Bonetti wrote:
> [W]hat do you mean?

I have no experience with lilo and only a little with grub.  Also, I
never used the windows nt file system.  Most of my experience is with
loadlin, much of it with loop devices on single hard disk systems, in
order to avoid possible repartitioning problems.  So, when I realized
that open firmware can read msdos disks, I wondered if a loop device
based slackintosh was possible.

> [A]s an extra option you could always build your own slackintosh-based
> live cd ....

I will try your slackintosh minimal live cd, and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the prompt reply,
Mark