[slackintosh-users] Sound

  • From: Mike <michael_six@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:53:44 -0800

I am not sure whether or not this is a problem that is slackintosh specific or not. I used slapt-get this morning and upgraded everything I have installed. kde libs base and utils and friends were brought up to 3.5.1. I am on the current tree, but I have to say this is puzzling me. When I rebooted into the new kde environment kde sound-system is pure static. First I checked permissions on /dev/dsp, and they looked fine. I rebooted again, and noticed that a startup sound from an old theme played fine, but then noatun played static, juK won't even open, I get a SIGSEV error, I just now opened it in terminal to get the output:

juk: Symbol `_ZTI11QDragObject' has different size in shared object, onsider re-linking
juk: Symbol `_ZTI7QWidget' has different size in shared object, onsider re-linking
juk: Symbol `_ZTI7QLayout' has different size in shared object, onsider re-linking
juk: Symbol `_ZTI7QSlider' has different size in shared object, onsider re-linking
juk: ERROR: Communication problem with juk, it probably crashed.
KCrash: Application 'juk' crashing...

noatun opened in the terminal, but didn't reveal anything, using mpg321 yeilds sound, using konsole I have the beeps and stuff. So I am stumped to say the least. When I go into the control center and try to test sound in the sound system part, I hear like the first note of the music, and then it goes into static. Any ideas?

Mike S