[SKRIVA] WALTIC 2010 i Turkiet

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:49:49 +0200

(Nedan ett utlysande jag fått med info om WALTIC-kongressen nr 2, som hålls i
september i Istanbul. Det är en större allmänlitterär kongress som första
gången hölls i Stockholm 2008. Jag var s k gopher - allmän hjälpreda; mitt
tjänsteställe var datorrummet - på den och den som var med på SKRIVA-listan då
kanske minns minna små dagsrapporter om vad som utspelades, vilka säkerligen
finns i SKRIVA-arkivet också, tid sent juni/tidigt juli 2008. --AE)

Writers’ and Literary Translators’
International Congress (WALTIC)
2 - 5 September, 2010
Istanbul Bilgi University
Turkey

We are delighted to announce that on the 2nd – 5th of September 2010, the
second Writers’ and Literary Translators’ International Congress will take
place at the Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey, to manifest the power of words.
In 2008 the Swedish Writers’ Union hosted more than 600 authors, translators
and scholars from across the globe in the first ever WALTIC.
The issues that were raised in Stockholm need further talks and more
collaboration. The challenges embedded in literacy, freedom of speech and
authors rights have to be a constant preoccupation. Digitization is pushing new
forms of writing and
creativity. Our aim is to establish WALTIC as an arena where these changes can
be discussed from a global perspective with the primary goal of achieving
comparability between the different nations of the world.
We look forward to welcome you to Istanbul in September!

Bülent Somay
Congress Chair, WALTIC 2010
Istanbul Bilgi University
Mats Söderlund