[SKRIVA] Serier livsfarliga - 3:e ComiConiten död

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 23:00:35 +0100

En tredje person inblandad i att grunda ComicCon har nu på kort tid avlidit. Nu
får kanske moralpanikens Fredric Wertham och Nils Beijrot får vatten på sin
kvarn: serier är livsfarligt! Från:

http://www.newsfromme.com/?p35

" When Shel Dorf and Ken Krueger died in 2009, I wrote on this blog that they
were the two most important people involved in the founding of what we now call
the Comic-Con International. You know the Comic-Con International: That nation
unto itself that many of us attend each summer in San Diego. Well, a close
third in importance to the con?s founding was Richard Alf, who died earlier
this evening at a hospice in La Jolla, California at the age of 59.
... he was so successful that when the first San Diego Con was being assembled,
Richard was able to front much of the money that was needed to launch the
project. He was on the first committee and very much involved. The organizers
paid several visits to the home of Jack Kirby where they received encouragement
and advice. Richard served as Chairman of the convention at least once and
worked on all the early ones before stepping away. I?d see him at the most of
them, though. He was enormously modest when praised for his role in starting it
all?and yet he was enormously proud of having had any sort of role. At recent
cons when they?ve celebrated the anniversary of that institution and also the
anniversary of Comic Book Fandom, we all got to see and talk with Richard and
he seemed to be having a great time."

--Ahrvid

Ps. Det var en ComicCon som DN:s Hanna Fahl hade besökt när hon i DN skulle
skriva om Eurocon och fick till en artikel "om" Eurocon som hon tramsigt nog
inbillade sig var samma sak som en ComicCon! "Fantatiska fans lever ut sin
fantasy" kallade hon drapan på
http://by159w.bay159.mail.live.com/mail/#ns0669850&view=1 (fördomsfulla,
okunniga tidningsskribblare är lika livsfarliga som serier, verkar det).

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Be an @SFJournalen Twitter Follower for all the latest
news in short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).