[SKRIVA] GRR Martin stödjer syriska flyktingar

  • From: Ahrvid <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:52:30 +0100

GRR Martin har uttalat sig till stöd för att USA borde ta emot fler syriska
flyktingar. (F n tar man emot färre än staden Södertälje...)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-politics/12011550/Game-of-Thrones-author-George-RR-Martin-weighs-into-debate-on-Syrian-refugees.html

"the author references The New Colossus, the Emma Lazarus poem mounted in
bronze on the base Statue of Liberty, which features the famous lines about
"your tired, your poor, your huddled masses".
Martin wrote: "For me, Lady Liberty and the words on her base represent the
best of what this nation of immigrants is all about. One has to wonder if all
the governors (including our own governor here in New Mexico, I am ashamed to
say) and congressmen voting to keep out the Syrian refugees have ever visited
the Statue, or read the words on her base. If so, they surely failed to
understand them."

Se också:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/455639.html?thread=23049943&t23049943

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Follow @SFJournalen on Twitter for the latest news in
short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur