[Singapore GNU Group] Re: [Slugnet] Should we start calling this OS GNU/Linux?

  • From: "Kailash Sethuraman" <hsaliak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jamie Clark" <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:37:03 +0000

I think this thread is pointless..

On 6/17/07, Jamie Clark <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 17 Jun 2007, at 7:37 AM, Eugene Teo wrote:

> Guess it's time for you to read some history :)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU/Linux_naming_controversy

Thanks for that. I'd long forgotten about RMS *objecting* to the
original BSD license requiring that credit be given to UC Berkeley.

If we really want to be picky about not leaving out any contributors
to the components of a Linux distro then perhaps we should call it:

MIT/BSD/Apache/KDE/Mozilla/Sun/(etcetera, ad infinitum)/GNU/Linux    ;)