[sinatraphiles] Re: October 1 - THIS DATE IN SINATRA HISTORY

  • From: Shemmy Mashiah <smashiah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sinatraphiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 22:02:12 +0200

JimChicago is on the mono versionOf the British release.I have the stereo British version and it has”French foreign legion”If I’m remember well.I am traveling this weekShemmy

נשלח מה-iPhone שלי

‫ב-6 באוק׳ 2022, בשעה 5:55 אח׳, ‏‏eob101 ‏<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> כתב/ה:‬

I surmise that’s a copy of the Come Fly With Me album distributed in the British Commonwealth since it does not contain The Road to Mandalay but instead includes My Kind Of Town [Chicago]. Frank famously explains this during a concert, in Australia I think.
_____________ Jim Johnson Rehoboth Beach, DE
            Hi Jim,
                         This album was issued by United Airlines as part of an ad campaign.
I wonder who picked "The House I Live In." Album is a compilation of Capitol and
Reprise recordings.
                       Frank went after Kipling's granddaughter after she succeeded in
getting "Mandalay" banned from any UK releases. He went out of his way to
sing the song whenever he was performing in any part of the UK.
Ed

1957 Capitol Studio A, Hollywood

E17639 On The Road To Mandalay

E17640 Let's Get Away From It All