[SimpleMail-usr] Re: Version 0.29 of SimpleMail has been released

  • From: nomad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Nomad of Norad (David C. Hall))
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2006 13:14:24

Hi Sebastian (Sebastian Bauer), in <43ED9BB7.9020508@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
Feb 11 you wrote:

> Dennis Smith schrieb:
> > I just got OS4 update#4 going and it's nice to have the scroll mouse back.
> > I noticed in SM 0.29 that the scroll increments by the 'bit' rather than the
> > character.  It also could be a problem with OS4u4 font characteristics.I
> > had to start SM on a font error file=ISO-8859-15, but OS4 said ISO 8859-1.
> > So, I'm not sure what say on that yet. Hello SM team! Anyone home? :-)
>
> The scroll increments depends on the size of the current view and is not
> character based (remember that HTML is used and here you can mix up
> different font sizes).

Good to hear OS4 supports the scrollwheel natively.  At least, that's
what I gather you're saying here...

I got one of those PS/2-to-Amiga mouse adaptors for my A1200, and ran
the included utility to support the scrollwheel and any extra buttons
on the mouse (thoough the new PS/2 mouse I'm using doesn't have extra
buttons), and had to turn it off because the way it handled mousewheel
movements was awful.  Fortunately I could still use the mouse as a
two-button mouse without the driver, but I lost use of the middle-button.

Oh well, I consider this only a stop-gap until I can move up to an A1.

One thing I've gotten very used to on the peecee here is 5-button mouse
support, where I can click the extra buttons to do Back and Forward on
the browser, or Back and Forward on any other screen-naviagation system.
Does OS4 in general, and Simplemail in particular, support this?

And on a more on-topic subject:  Does Simplemail support IMAP?

--
   nomad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ----- http://www.joshua-wopr.com    |
 Nomad of Norad (David C. Hall) -- *TeamAmiga* -- Club Amiga |