[SimpleMail-usr] Re: Mouse wheel support

  • From: Bernd Gollesch <bgollesch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:51:30 +0200

Hoi,

>Hmm, I only have MUIWheel in my MUI prefs. Is NewWheelMouse an MUI mcp? I
>couldn't find it with a quick Google.

No, I meant the new mouse standard. Somebody has done the work and
defined a standard for new events. This standard is called NewMouse
or so, that's why I wrote NewWheelMouse.

Many programs does support this "new" standard native. I think the
cocolino driver does send this new events through input.device.

The MUIWheelPatch does only convert the new events and send them
to the mui classes. How this is done, I don't know.

There are may programs on Aminet for wheel support, eg:

http://main.aminet.net/pub/aminet/util/mouse/WheelMouseSupp.lha
http://main.aminet.net/pub/aminet/util/mouse/FreeWheel.lha

and so on.

I can't help any further, sorry.