[SimpleMail-usr] Re: Mouse wheel support

  • From: Kulwant Bhogal <kulwant.bhogal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 29 May 2006 20:09:07 +0100

Hello Bernd,

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernd Gollesch [mailto:bgollesch@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25/05/2006 13:01:13
Subject: [SimpleMail-usr] Re: Mouse wheel support

>> The mouse adapter is the Elbox Cocolino adapter with cocolino.driver to
>> provide input.device events and MUIwheel providing the MUI events.
>> However MUIWheel only lists

>> Cycle.mui
>> List.mui
>> Numeric.mui
>> Prop.mui and
>> Virtgroup.mui

>> in it's preferences and I see nothing for the mail viewer or mail
>> editor.

> Prop-gadgets are normaly used for the horizontal- and vertical sliders.
> So maybe changing the value for Prop.mui should help. I can't test this.

Unfortunately changing this value seems to have no effect on the scrolling
speed for the read email window.

> The mail editor is the TextEditor and should have native NewWheelMouse
> support, afaik.

Hmm, I only have MUIWheel in my MUI prefs. Is NewWheelMouse an MUI mcp? I
couldn't find it with a quick Google.

The wheel does already work in the editor window but jumps 4 lines with each
notch movement of the wheel when I don't have any of the prefs set to 4
lines - so seems something else is responsible - but I can't see anyting
else on my system which could. :S

For information this is what I currently have set in MUIWheel prefs:

Class              Std skip     Qualified skip
Cycle.mui        n/a            n/a
List.mui              5              10
Numeric.mui       1                4
Prop.mui and    10              20
Virtgroup.mui   n/a             n/a

(Qualified means rotate with qualifier pressed - in this case qualifier is
greyed out so not sure what value it's using).

Kind regards,

Kulwant