[YPS SIG] What Special Interest Groups should we have?

  • From: John Tuffen <minimism@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sig_yorkps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:12:59 +0100

(Repost of previous conversation)

John Tuffen Wrote:

By way of a kick-off, what interests do people have - and hence what groups
would you be interested in?
There has been some talk of a 'wildlife photography' group, also of a
monochrome group - let's hear your ideas and try and get some sort of
discussion started!

John Illy Replied:

I find I have very little knowledge of contemporary photography, but I know
that some members of YPS are interested in it and I'd like to learn from
them. Any takers for a Contemporary Photography SIG, even if, to start with,
its only a discussion group.

John Tuffen Replied:

Could be a good one - quite a good excuse (if one were needed) to go and
check out exhibitions as well.
+1 for this :-)

Aynsley H. replied:

I'm 'up for' a wildlife group. I think/hope one of the other Johns is
prepared to lead it. (No, that sounds wrong - you know what I mean!)

Morris Gregory Replied:

I'm interested in joining a contemporary group as well. Always good to get
out of personal comfort zone.
Also, I'd be happy to lead a general outdoor group to cover landscape,
wildlife etc if people are interested.