[YPS SIG] Contemporary Photography SIG

  • From: John Tuffen <minimism@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sig_yorkps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:08:13 +0100

Previous Conversation!

John Tuffen Wrote:

John I. suggested this, and I also would be interested in finding out
more about
the current state of 'photographic art'.

A couple of links to start off:

Impressions Gallery in Bradford -
http://www.impressions-gallery.com/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.impressions-gallery.com/&usg=AFQjCNF3gxNtT0w9DtKR3vTxc4iOLGT25A>

Pavilion Gallery in Leeds - http://www.pavilion.org.uk/ (seems to be
expanding from its original photography-centric view)
It might be interesting to see what exhibitions are coming up and
perhaps organise a day trip (or simply discuss the shows)

Charlie Eddington Replied:

It might be a good idea to organise a day trip before the end of October to
Bradford since the Impressions Gallery has expanded for the Ways of
Looking festival.

I'll get around to sending John a list of links that I mentioned last
night soon.

Allan Harris Replied:

That would be good. Don't forget that Nunnington Hall are showing Bailey,
Donovan et.al. until the 21st October at the weekends.