[sib-access] Re: writting percussion correctly

  • From: "Dani L Pagador" <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:07:21 -1000

Hi, Dmitry.
I haven't written percussion for a symphony band before, but know that you can
find the single ine staves for cymbals and triangle under Orchestral
Instruments in the Percussion and Drums family. Both are played with the hands,
so will have stems up. The single line uses the B4 pitch.

The triangle uses the normal notehead with the staccato, tenuto (open
triangle), and plus (closed/muted triangle) articulations. The cross notehead
can also be used for the closed triangle. Finally, the triangle notehead can be
used for the regular notehead (Sib Access describes it as "arrow up").

The cymbal uses the regular notehead. You can use write text before the note to
indicate "bell" or "edge", or go to the symbols dialog box and arrow through to
find the pictorial diagrams for the bell and edge (requires sighted help.)

HTH,
Dani