[sib-access] Re: sibelius on my ipad? is it available?

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 18:00:31 -0500

Actually I use it more with nvda.  I use win7 64 bit.  But as I said, I
haven't tried doing a lot of fancy stuff.  We have a commissioned major work
that we will be performing at church with the choir and strings and
percussion and piano, and he was kind enough to send me the original
sibelius score so that I could extract the bass part and import the music
xml into lime to emboss with goodfeel.  I was able to look at the sibelius
file and get quite a bit of info, and I was able to extract the part and it
reads well in lime with lime aloud.  I haven't used sibelius much in a long
time, I actually use Sonar to do quick and dirty stuff like parts for the
bass player in our jazz trio etc.  IT would be nice if we could read the
expression text and the like.  But it is very snappy and crisp as you
navigat around, and the ribbon does give you access to all kinds of options.
The mixer is not accessible at all though, a real drag.
Gord