[sib-access] Re: my navigation issue

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 06:54:15 +0100

Oops, having cautioned people not to leave all the rubbish at the bottum of
the reply I went and did exactly that.
Mia culpa maxima.
Fortunately, it didn't get blocked, but I've re-replied in accordance with
my own instructions.

David wrote: I have only just realised that I used Control plus Alt plus K
as a System Wide Keystroke to launch JAWS after I start Windows.  This was
just shortly after just realising that I use Control plus Alt plus N as a
System Wide keystroke to launch Notepad.  Not to state the Bleeding Obvious,
I have removed these two System Wide Keystrokes.  *Total Embarrasement I
think ... Red Faced*

Don't worry, you're certainly not the first person to have made this
mistake.  I used to have lots of keystrokes for launching applications until
I realised what a pain in the neck they could be when using apps with a
large number of keystrokes, and Sibelius has a very large number of
keystrokes.

I'm going to put together a more substantial topic on fixing the tool
windows, since this is clearly tripping a few people up.

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
The new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of