[sib-access] Re: how to record notes with flexi time in sibelius?

  • From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:56:30 -0600

Flexi-time assumes you have a MIDi keyboard.  It is designed to be used by
someone who is playing in real time.  that's not possible with a QWERTY
keyboard.  To write a chord using a QWERTY keyboard, you must write the lowest
note of the chord, then, while positioned on that chord, you must right the
next note by typing a numeral from the alphanumeric numbers at the top of the
QWERTY keyboard that represents the interval above the original note that you
want as your second note.  For example, if you were writing a C Major chord,
you would start by typing the C.  then you would make sure you were positioned
on the C when you typed a 3 from the keyboard.  this would cause a major third
to be positioned on top of the C.  Now, while still positioned on that C/E, you
would type another 3 which would give you a G above the E because G is a third
away from E.  Again, we really do require that you read the documentation
before asking questions.
If you had, you would know this.

Kevin