[sib-access] Re: To Daniel from the JFW List

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:50:36 +0100

Daniel,

You can do this although you will need software to transcribe the scanned
images. Photoscore is the one that Sibelius recommends, and the two programs
work well together. You can scan the music directly from Sibelius if you use
this pairing

Of course, a lot will depend on the quality of the sheets you scan in -
There are no guarantees.

Once you have the music in Sibelius, you can arrow through the score and
have the notes played and spoken along with any other notations.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk