[sib-access] Re: Suggested Points of Spoken Feedback

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:27:34 +0100

Hi Dale,

I've already put something in to have the selected item announced when
leaving a text items edit field. The best I can do is to have the staff,
bar, beat and type of item spoken. It would have been nice to describe the
item in full but this just isn't doable.

I'm in the middle of  writing a plug-in to replace the go to bar dialog that
is built-in to Sibelius. The existing dialog selects the entire system
throughout the bar that you want to go to, which is not ideal for
navigation. The new plug-in will select the first note in the bar and keep
to the same staff and voice.

I should be able to do something about moving between chord symbols. It's
the same problem as moving between lyrics and I'm going to be looking at
this later this week.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk