[sib-access] Re: SibeliusAccess1_RC1 report

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:26:07 +0100

>Opening, Closing and switching to tools windows sometimes turns on the Jaws
cursor.
What were you doing in the tool windows immediately before the JAWS cursor
became active.

>When Alt tabbing to another application and alt tabbing back to Sibelius,
sometimes you loose your editing position and are sent to the beginning of
the project.

Can answer these three questions.
1. Are you saying that when you alt tab back into Sibelius the first item on
the staff has become selected, or do you mean that the selection has been
cleared?
2. Which keystroke are you using to start navigating when you enter the
score?
3. What type of staff are you working on? (Tab staves work a little
differently.)

>It looks, but I'm not very sure, because I didn't want to mix up things,
that including adjacent staff to the selection with shift+down or up arrow
works only reliably downwards.

I can't reproduce this. One thing to remember is that if empty staves are
hidden, you will skip over them when pressing Shift+UpArrow. Try selecting
the entire score and going to Layout > Show empty staves. In the dialog tab
to the select all button and then press OK. This might help. Are you working
on a score with a lot of staves?

>Sometimes you are told, that the property window is closed,eventhough it is
open and not hidden. In this case you can just go on with working and the
scripts don't complain anymore.

What did you do immediately before you were told that the properties window
was closed?

Many thanks for these, keep them coming.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk

I'm nearly finished with a five page long transcription for alto recorder
and piano and all done with the new release SibeliusAccess1_RC1. That means,
the scripts are excellent and work fine. I came across some little bugs
though:
Opening, Closing and switching to tools windows sometimes turns on the Jaws
cursor.
When Alt tabbing to another application and alt tabbing back to Sibelius,
sometimes you loose your editing position and are sent to the beginning of
the project.
It looks, but I'm not very sure, because I didn't want to mix up things,
that including adjacent staff to the selection with shift+down or up arrow
works only reliably downwards.
Sometimes you are told, that the property window is closed,eventhough it is
open and not hidden. In this case you can just go on with working and the
scripts don't complain anymore.
That's it for the moment. If you need some more informations about the bugs
above, let me know.
You have done really a big and excellent job, Dan. With this release
navigating is much faster and the verbosity feedback very reliable.
Once more many, many thanks.
Regards