[sib-access] Re: SibeliusAccess1_RC1 report

  • From: "Claudio Sacco" <cl.sacco@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:01:06 +0200

Dan,
I was working on a score with piano and alto recorder. And I have to tell
you, that I worked on a laptop and it's own keyboard, while leaving Jaws set
to desktop, as I till now always used. I was in a big stress and didn't want
to have to deal with new Jaws keystrokes. I will look into it soon; but at
the same time I use software like sonar with caketalking, which requires
destop layout.
;What were you doing in the tool windows immediately before the JAWS cursor
became active?
The Jaws cursor turned on, when entering them. It has happened in the
property and mixer window. A couple of times it also happened using left or
right brackets.
;Can answer these three questions.
;1. Are you saying that when you alt tab back into Sibelius the first item
on the staff has become selected, or do you ean ;that the selection has been
cleared?
;2. Which keystroke are you using to start navigating when you enter the
score?
;3. What type of staff are you working on? (Tab staves work a little
;differently.)
It only happened, when alt-tabbing back from winamp; it never happened
alt-tabbing back from outlook
1. The first item of the staff became selected.
2. Control+home
3. See above.
;I can't reproduce this. One thing to remember is that if empty staves are
hidden, you will skip over them when pressing ;Shift+UpArrow. Try selecting
the entire score and going to Layout > Show empty staves. In the dialog tab
to the select ;all button and then press OK. This might help. Are you
working on a score with a lot of staves?
No tracks were hidden. But perhaps I did a mistake; I selected a couple of
bars of the piano left hand and included with shift+up arrow the right hand.
After that i wanted to paste this to another location, but remained on the
piano left hand staff. After that I found the note of the right hand in the
left hand staff. But I can't exclude to have done a mistake. I had a lot of
pastings to do and all others went fine.
;What did you do immediately before you were told that the properties window
was closed?
It happens most times after opening an existing project from the quickstart
dialog. It also happened once or twice after deleting a couple of bars.
Regards