[sib-access] Re: Reducing a piano part into a guitar staff.

  • From: "Dani L Pagador" <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 21:36:32 -1000

Hi, Patricia.
Here's a message I sent a few months back about the Paste In To Voice
plug-in.
<snip>
In Sib5 there's a Paste In To Voice Plug-in under the Notes submenu.

Copy the selection you want to paste to the clipboard.

Go to where you want your selection pasted and select the area to paste in
to.

Alt+u to get to the Plug-ins menu, N for Notes, p for "Paste In To Voice".

JFW announces both combo boxes in the plug-in as Paste Into. The first combo
box is "Copy from"; arrow down to the voice number you want to copy from.

Tab to the next combo box, which is a copy to. Arrow to the voice number you
want to copy to.

I think there is a checkbox to copy any text/lines/etc associated with the
notes that are selected, but can't remember since I'm using this to copy
drum parts, and those don't need any text usually.

There is a checkbox that seems to indicate the ability for existing music
not to be overwritten. Doesn't matter whether the box is checked or not;
Sibelius will overwrite existing music.

Find the OK button, and you're good to go. <end>

I looked in the Sib Reference manual, and the plug-in is referenced on page
411. I use it all the time, since the standard method for writing parts with
multiple voices doesn't seem to work for me.

HTH,
Dani