[sib-access] Re: Num-pad problem

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 12:29:00 -0700

Saeed,

Here's some stuff I pulled up...

These two certs are from the Sib 5 Reference Manual:

Page 18
Accessing numeric keypad functions on a notebook (laptop)
Most notebook (laptop) computers do not have separate numeric keypads.
Keypad functions can
be accessed on many notebooks by holding down a key marked Fn together with
other keys on the
keyboard. This will work, but Sibelius also has some alternative shortcuts
built in, which differ on
Windows and Mac

Section 5.9:
Notebook (laptop) features (Windows only)
Sibelius comes with a feature set especially designed for Windows laptop
users who don't have a
keypad on their computer. To use this feature set, choose File > Preferences
and select the Menus
and Shortcuts page. Select Notebook (laptop) features from the list, then
click OK. See Accessing
numeric keypad functions on a notebook (laptop) on page 18 for more
information.

These are some notes from one of our other listers:
Windows: use the supplied Notebook (laptop) feature set. Instead of using
the numbers on the
keypad, you can use the standard numbers on the main keyboard which will
correspond to the
same numbers on the keypad. When this feature set is in use, use Shift-1 to
Shift-9 to enter intervals above a note

Laptop Keyboard Layout:

Not all laptop keyboards are the same, and the labels which are printed on
the keys will vary from one language to the next. This description is for
British keyboards only, so you will have to replace the relevant characters
for those which appear on your own

keyboard.

The numbers on the keypad are now the numbers on the number row. This
includes the 0, so to enter a rest, you must type a 0 on the number row.

There is no equivalent for the plus key on the keypad since this only
changes the keypad layout and you can do this with F8-F12.

The remaining five keys are all mathematical symbols and these have been
transferred to the main keyboard as follows:

The Equals key (also Enter) on the keypad is now the forward slash "/" on
the main keypad. This is the key immediately to the left of the right shift
key. The Decimal point (also the delete) on the keypad is now the period on
the main keyboard. This is the key

immediately to the left of the forward slash key.

The three keys on the top of the keypad (slash, star and minus) are now the
semi-colon, apostrophe and hash (number) keys on the main keyboard. These
are the three keys immediately to the left of the enter key.

To put this more artistically:

The top row of the keypad has been "transposed" to the three keys to the
left of the enter key and the two keys on the bottom row to the right of the
0 key have been transposed to the left of the right shift key.

Latitude E6520, JAWS 14,  and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit