[sib-access] Re: Notating Harmonics and Fluttertongue Effects for Clarinet?

  • From: saeed Mirzazadeh <saeedm19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 23:38:42 +0100

Dani,
I don't think that you need to indicate harmonic sign for clarinet as
it's used for strings, such as circle top of the note or diamond shape
of notehead. You can simply write the actual note you desire, then the
player thinks how to produce it.
For fluttertong, you may put beams as tremolo sign on the note. It
would be better if you also write the word "fluttertong" on the same
note as a description.
These are my experiences in writing contemporary music.
Hope it helps!
Regards,
Saeed

On 11/17/14, Dani Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Everyone.
> How do I indicate the use of harmonics and fluttertongue effects for
> the clarinet in Sibelius?
> Thanks,
> Dani

My Youtube Channel: