[sib-access] Not Sure About This

  • From: "Dave 'SqueezeBox' Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:35:57 -0700

First, I found that I needed to install the   "Sibelius Access Resources"
folder separately to the "My settings" folder of JAWS, rather than the
"Shared Settings" folder, before I could launch it from the Sib Access
(Ctrl-F1) menu. I think the instructions are either incorrect, or perhaps
not true for all installations.

Whilst the Sib Access scripts work from the "Shared Settings" folder, the
Guide does not. I do have administrator rights.

Reading through the Guide...

In the page that discusses navigating, I'm not sure about this set of
instructions:
a.. Press Control+Home to select the first item in the score
a.. Press Control+End to select the last item in the score
a.. Press Tab to select the last item which was described

a.. The first one works and describes the item.
a.. The second one goes there but describes nothing.
a.. Pressing the Tab key to describe the last item seems to just move to the
next item and describe it, but not the current one.