[sib-access] Re: Navigating to Voices

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:17:33 +0100

Dave,

It's in the navigation section of the Sibelius Access guide.

Shift+Alt+Up/Down are Sibelius Access keystrokes so you won't find them
anywhere in the Sibelius Reference.

There is a way to move between voices using Sibelius' own keystrokes but
it's very fiddly. In case you're interested, you need to select the entire
bar, filter the selection to contain only the voice you want and then use
left or right arrow to go to one end of the selection. Unfortunately, there
are certain situations in which this method can cause a lot of confusion.
Either way, this is not an intuitive way to navigate.

I chose Shift+Alt+Up/Down so it would fit in with the existing Sibelius
keystrokes. I.E.:

Alt+Up/Down moves between notes of a chord.
Shift+Alt+Up/Down moves between voices on a staff.
Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down moves between staves.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk