[sib-access] Re: Is It Possible to Hide a Voice

  • From: saeed Mirzazadeh <saeedm19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 18:12:42 +0100

Dani,
do all the notes you want to be in second voice exist there?
If yes, you can simply delete the repeated notes of the first voice by
pressing backspace.
If no, you can select the note of the cord which you want it to be in
the second voice by pressing alt+down/up arrow, then press alt+2 to
send it to the second voice.
Anyway you can hide a note by using hide/show option in the context
menue which you find by pressing application key or shift+f10 on that
note. Consider that you can not hide a note of a cord. If you command
to hide on a cord, all the notes of that cord will be hidden.
Hope it helps!
regards,
Saeed

On 11/26/14, Dani Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Everyone.
> I'm working on a score reduction and need to check to make sure that
> the notes I've written in for the chords are correct. The staff I'm
> working on is separated in to two voices; the top voice has the
> highest three or four notes; the second voice has the lowest notes in
> the chord.
> When I go to proofread my work, Sib Access reports Voice 1 as having
> seven notes in the chord. I know this is wrong because three of the
> seven notes are supposed to be in Voice 2.
> Also, the specific measure I'm working with begins with a quarter
> rest, and Sib Access reports it as having two voices. I can alt+2 to
> shift to voice 2 and get the message that the change has occurred. But
> when I arrow right, the notes are played for the portion of the chord
> written in Voice 1, and THOSE note names are what Sib Access reports.
> Is there a way to temporarily hide a voice I don't want to work with?
> Thanks,
> Dani

My Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/s1n2m