[sib-access] Demo versions

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:24:33 -0000

Dear all,

I did some testing with the demo version of Sibelius and managed to identify
the cause of the problems that several people were experiencing with it.

As you know, the demo version will not allow saving of files.  I didn't
realise that this also applies to text files written by plug-ins.
Unfortunately this is necessary for Sibelius Access to work because the
plug-in is writing a text file for JAWS to read.

There is nothing that we can do about this since it is a problem beyond our
control and so I'm sorry to say that the demo version of Sibelius cannot be
supported.

I'm amending the website to reflect this fact.

At some point in the near future I'll be doing a audio demo of Sibelius at
work so potential new users will be able to listen to the demo for proof
that Sibelius Access is worth investing in.

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
The new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of