[sib-access] Re: Changing Instrument Patches

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:03:06 -0000

This is a tricky one.  The "correct" way to do it is through the playback
devices dialog but there's a conflict of some kind which is sending Sibelius
into a flat spin.  We're summising that the issue is JAWS getting snagged on
the change in sample rates which occurs when you switch configurations but
this particular problem is prooving extremely difficult to identify, much
less fix.

In the mean time, the only thing I can suggest is to add a MIDI message
directly onto the staff to trigger a program change.

If you know the bank and program (patch) number then try adding a technique
mark containing the characters ~P followed by the bank number then a comma
then the patch number.  So patch 25 on bank 10 would be created by adding
the text:
~P10,25

You can find more on this in the Sibelius reference.  Go to chapter 4.13.

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
The new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of