[sib-access] Re: [Bulk] Music c teacher

  • From: "Alison Trelfa" <alison.trelfa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 01:43:37 +0100

Hello, Ramy,

Great minds think alike! When I was teaching in a comprehensive school I
used to make the children draw and fill in or shade a big circle and this
would be represented as a whole note or semibreve. Next I made them draw
another circle and cut it in half, colouring or shading one half and leaving
the other half blank. This represented the minim. Then I did the same with
the crotchet, but now they only had to shade a quarter of the circle. I used
to make them write the correct notes on this page too. It was quite a bit of
fun. The other thing I used to do was the exercise where you fold a piece of
paper and make a cut to form a large hole in the centre. You then take
another piece of paper and fold it twice so that when you open out the page
you have two holes. Take another piece and do it again but folding now three
times, and when the paper is opened out there are four holes, and like the
notes, the holes get smaller with the greater amounts of holes on the page.
This is a good one for the blind as we obviously can't draw! Nor can we see
the work that the children have done! I do hope this has been of some help,
and congratulations on becoming a teacher. You should feel proud of your
achievements. It's not easy is it?

Take care.

Alison Trelfa.