[sib-access] Re: [Bulk] JawsCursor becomes Useless After Exiting Sibelius

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:35:27 +0100

Chi,

reformatting  sounds rather extreme to me. I'd only do this as an absolute
last resort.

Just as a reminder, you must be using JAWS 7.1.500 or any later release.

I know of no other user who is experiencing this problem. It sounds like a
system specific issue.

I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling whichever version of JAWS you are
using first. Make sure that you backup your existing scripts for other
applications before you do this.

Go to Start > All programs > JAWS X > Explore JAWS > Explore my settings

Copy everything to the clipboard, create a new folder in My Documents called
something like "JAWS backup" and then paste the clipboard into that folder.

Use Add/Remove programs to start the JAWS uninstaller.

Make sure that you uninstall shared components because it may be one of
these which is broken. Don't worry about the warning that other FSI programs
won't work afterwards. You'll be reinstalling JAWS straight away so those
components will be put back and the other apps will work again.

Reinstall JAWS.

Copy everything in the JAWS backup folder that you created to the clipboard.

Go to Start > All programs > JAWS X > Explore JAWS > Explore my settings

Paste the clipboard into that folder.

Finally, find the Sibelius Access files that you downloaded and copy the
contents of the JAWS folder to the clipboard.

Go to Start > All programs > JAWS X > Explore JAWS > Explore my settings

Paste the clipboard into that folder.

If you get a dialog asking you if you want to replace a file, choose Yes to
all.

Now try running Sibelius again.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk