[sib-access] Re: Affecting a Trill

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:20:24 -0000

Kevin,

Actually, the sighted method is pretty quick but it's a pain for us.

You select the note that will be trilled and then choose trill from the
lines dialog. At this point the trill may need to be pushed up out of the
way of the note. After this you need to add a natural symbol from the
symbols dialog. The problem is that the natural sign will probably be in the
wrong place. It needs to be above the trill (the normal practice is to put
it above the "squiggly" line and not above the letters at the beginning of
the trill). You may be able to work out where it needs to go by examining
the coordinates of both the line and the symbol but it can be hard work.
Easier to just get a little sighted help.

I'm going to raise this one with Sibelius. A few more trills with
accidentals included could be a time saver for everyone.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk