[SI-LIST] Re: why 13.56 MHz for NFC

  • From: "Gary Morrell" <gmorrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:05:12 -0700

Interestingly enough, a few months back, I repaired an old Metcal MX-500P
soldering iron power supply for our contract surface mount assembly person.
The old Metcals used 13.56Mhz at ~30W to power the iron heater. The whole
thing was really quite mechanically and electrically elegant, I actually
enjoyed digging into it and figuring out how it worked.

Gary M.
Solidus Technologies, Inc.
Colorado Springs, CO

List technical documents are available at: