[SI-LIST] Re: where to find input port name in touchstone file ?

  • From: dgun@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:58:14 -0800

Shulong,

Touchstone files only specify port numbers.  Every port is both an input and an
output port.  Typically, however, for a two-port device, port 1 is referred to
as the "input port" and port 2 as the "output port".  This is because the
desired direction of signal propagation is typically from port1 to port2.

Now, if the device was measured backwards....  well, I think you can guess what
happens.

--
Daniel

From: slwu <Shulong.Wu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi,
>
> ICM 1.0 spefication has the following description for "Port_assignment":
>
> |There are two columns used in the Port_assignment. The first should reference
>
> |the input port name as defined in the Touchstone file that is related to the
>
> |"Node Name" in the second column. The second column contains a "Node Name" as
>
> |defined in the node list under the corresponding [Nodal Path Description].
>
> but the input port name is not described in Touchstone file, so where to find
>
> it ?
>
> Thanks in advanced
>
> Shulong

List FAQ wiki page is located at: