[SI-LIST] Re: [SI-LIST]: Which tool is the best

  • From: "Fabrizio Zanella" <fzanella@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:50:42 -0400

I agree with Arpad's comment.  The best approach is to have multiple
tools at your disposal.  There isn't one tool which can address all
requirements.  Of the tools available today, a couple can be classified
as being very good at SI simulations on boards - reflections, crosstalk,
delays, I'll call these Class A tools.  There are a couple of different
tools which are good at simulating power integrity, return paths; these
Class B tools cannot compete with the Class A tools at SI simulations.
Then there are Class C tools whose strength lies in high frequency (2.5
GHz and above) analysis, using 3D solvers.  And let's not forget timing
analysis, only one tool, mentioned in a previous email, performs board
level SI and timing analysis.

Fabrizio Zanella