[SI-LIST] Re: tips of using TDR probe

  • From: "Han, Guobing" <han.guobing@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 10:55:56 +0800

Hello Tom,
Agree with you, to be sure not to probe in a middle of a trace to make the
probe point closer.
As for the leading trace length, I think 3~4inch is acceptable if the Df is
very little, else 0.5~2inch is acceptable.
BTW, I think that directly probe at the via pad is not recommended. :)

Thanks,
Robin

--
Thanks,