[SI-LIST] Re: simulation in Nexxim

  • From: Saoer Sinaga <saoer.sinaga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mohaghtalab@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 20:35:56 +0200

I am not sure I can explain it correctly, but the way I understand it is
that a causal system is where the reaction happens after an action. In
other words, the output  at time t0 only depends on the input at  t0 or
before. There is a mathematical requirements to be fulfilled  for a
causal system, but  I don't remember it by heart :D.
It can also be  that the S-par of your passive system is not passive.

Solution? It is a tricky question. My experience with  Ansoft  tools
e.g. HFSS, it gives  a very accurate  S-parameter, however, often
non-passive (never checked the causality). You can try to generate
broadband spice out of your S-par using many commercial tools such as
sonnet, sigrity, ADS, etc.

regards,
Saoer

List technical documents are available at: